Welcome!

Welcome to my portfolio of art. I've had an itch to draw every now and then since my childhood. Now I'm sharing it. Not sure I'll get everything up from my past, but I'll definitely keep up with the present and future. Feel free to click on any of the images to enlarge them. Enjoy!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wa qul Rabbi... continued...


I can't believe it's already December. Amazing how times flies. Never filled you in on how this project was going. Fact-- I did the majority of this during my spring break back in March. I tried to work on finishing it up for a friends wedding, but that never happened with work and other priorities. So many weddings, thus far, 51 of my friends engaged or married just this year with more to come... hard to make gifts like this for everyone, so just being there for them is good enough for now. I look forward to finishing this one when I can. Here's the meaning:

Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim
[In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful]

Wa qul Rabbi adkhilni mudkhala sidqin wa akhrijni mukhraja sidqin waj'al-li min-ladunka sultana nasira.
[My Lord! Make me enter a truthful entering, and make me go forth a truthful going forth, and grant me from Your presence an authority to help (me)]

Sadaq Allah al-Azim.
[Allah Almighty has spoken the truth]

Surat 17, Al-'Isra' (The Night Journey) Ayat 80

1 comment:

  1. Mashallah! To be inspired to create something so beautiful is a sign of your heart connection. The surah spoke to you and now speaks to us with such power, Alhamdulillah. Shukran and salaam

    ReplyDelete